Monday, February 2, 2009

montage mania

In response to Bob's ingenious movie speech blog, I thought I'd come out with a competing blog. Every great movie has one thing in common, a great montage. Here are some of the best.

3. Karate Kid
There's nothing quite like seeing a scared skinny kid rely on Mr. Miagi's wisdom and training to truly become the best (around).


2. Teen Wolf (dedicated to Bill Simmons)
What's more beautiful than a kid who wants to be special finding out he's a werewolf, yet still being able to lead his highschool team of losers to win in the end? Oops I hope I didn't give anything away.


1. Rocky 4
Well every Rocky movie has a pretty amazing montage scene so it was hard to pick just one. But I think Rocky 4, with it's heavy synth and awesome contrast between Rocky and Drago's workouts, takes the cake. If you're not ready to work out after this you might not be human.


Well I wanted to do some other ones but I couldn't find them on You Tube. But this list is pretty legit, if you ever need to get pumped up, bookmark this page.

No comments: