Sunday, November 23, 2008

college football woes

I've been bad at blogging. Guess that happens. I thought I should probably say something in lieu of the Huskies being the worst football team in Division 1 football... but words really don't come easily. I have been so tempted to burn everything I own that is purple and gold and just turn my back on the team, but I haven't. And it's a good thing because I guess this is the ultimate test of who is a Huskies fan. If anyone can endure an 0-12 season and still wear their Huskies shirt then you know they are a real fan. And while I maybe haven't watched every game this season (it's too hard to watch) I guarantee you that next year come August I will be dawning my purple and gold and be there cheering on the Dawgs. After-all, at this point we can only get better.

Side note: since I have been over in Idaho I have gained a slight interest in the Boise State football team. (it's nice to actually have one team in my life that can win) Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they will get a BCS bid even though they are ranked number 9, going to finish ahead of about half the major conference winners, and are undefeated. It's rough for the WAC.

Side note #2: I hope the Huskies basketball team can somehow overcome the Seattle sports curse. It will be a rough winter otherwise.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

So much for hoping Husky basketball would stop the bleeding. What other options do even have any more? Maybe Seattle Sounders FC will be good?