Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the best job in the world

Australia is offering what they call "The Greatest Job In The World." Apparently, if selected for the job you get paid 100 grand for six months to go live on Australia's Hamilton Island (which they have conveniently nicknamed "Paradise Island") and do a bunch of island stuff like snorkeling the reef, lazing it up on the beach, hanging out with free rent in your 3-bedroom oceanfront villa with a pool and personal golf buggy, yadda yadda yadda. The person who gets the job has to report on the Queensland lifestyle to a global audience weekly through blogs, pictures, video, etc.

The purpose of of the job is of course to help protect Australia's tourism industry during this bad economy. In order to be considered for the job, applicants have to submit a video making their case for why they deserve the job. Out of the thousands of applicants, 11 are selected to be flown out to Australia for an interview, all based off their minute-or-less video.

So of course I had to give it a shot. My mom should be proud that I applied for a job. Here's my video, if you like it, you should go to http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/vQpTvv4QC9Y and give my video 5 stars!



Yeah I kind of went a less traditional route with my vid. Kept it short and sweet and hopefully different enough to stand out.

No comments: